Saturday, November 11, 2017

good day my November friends

It just got really cold here in southern Michigan! Best soap craft weather ever. When it is too hot outside, the soap gets all mad and hot, truth! The best soap takes its time, gently, slowly and no stress.

"Gratitude is where I dwell"

I made all the clay and salt soaps and today some more exotics..
Too many details make things common so I won't speak of them:)
I organized my labels and burned all the old ones. Nothing stays the same babies. every soap is to be unique in its own time not a soap labels from 3 years ago..
Man I love soap making! I have made such nice soaps through the years here on earth. I have..I am super confident in that.
Do I have batches that were ruined  lingering in my brain? Nope! Why worry about such trivial short lasting things? Why ponder on your mistakes so much that you call them a new name in order to mold yourself somehow, to be timid and meek? Maybe we all do it. I am not timid.

I had a review with the door closed at my job..they have worked with me for ten years but now that there is a script they must abide by, I am not confident enough they said! OMG! I am shocked..but okay!
Me?? Not Confident? Yes, it was spoken in words through a mouth to me...

Cunning wordmanship for something they demand from me. It sticks like nothing else. Everything else they said to me was like when Charlie Brown showed his parents talking.."whack whaak whack...not too many on shelf, not enough on shelf, too many in back, too little now, why to little, whaac whack whak??"
Me not confident, really??
They preceded the interaction with a warning about my reaction to the critiques..
It makes me put my head down automatically and then they shut the door like we are going to talk about brain surgery or something but it is really me and what they want.

I am writing about it because I am considering  stepping down and just taking the pay cut. This is a prod from the gods ())) that it is time to grow the right way and please, no cameras..goddamit, they are everywhere.
Me? Not confident??
"I am an artist" I told them that when they said I am not confident. Was I made to get up at three so I can scan vitamins and shampoo? Yes, for the money, and no for the teeter totter of retail buying?
Well, if I am going to be not confident about something, this is really about the best thing I can be not confident about! Seriously, I loose sleepover such silly things!

"I dwell in gratitude"

Here is what I think and you can judge me or not..I think we are turning so corporate and so cold inside  that our persona changes in that arena. It is theater in war.. money and business is theater. Christmas is theater and Thanksgiving, the most lucrative billions of dollars industry! It is theater. the turkeys all die  and some ass will bring back a frozen one and we have to throw it away.
Thanksgiving for grocery stores is more money than Christmas, which I have been since 1983 when I started at Zerbos with Harry Zerbo and Clair and we cared so much about spirulina then. Not some magic formula on the TV by DR Oz who called everything a "miracle" because people never learn anything they just watch TV. Yes, friends the masses..they flock!
And no, I will not make this about religion, but seems like we do create one..in this case..the god is the camera and the computer and the scanning device which knows how many steps I take and from where..
ah modern times/modern problems..first world problems.

I dwell in gratitude.


















No comments:

Post a Comment