Friday, September 7, 2018

busy bees and all that summertime stuff with some good ass virgo direction

I have been thinking about what we will have for the holy days!
I say holy because I love ritual and I love to worship the earth and all her everything she gives me and you. Samhain Yule Mid Winter meditations..all slowly upon us!
She is all us and we thrive or we don't thrive based on our collective communications and hormonal responses to communications. We need to love her more and each other so that there are no reasons for "metoo". sigh..
There are so many great ideas flourishing in my head.
I was gifted all the bits and parts  from my friend Barry's honey harvest..Barry is the one who has bees. I am sure we talked about him plenty.
 I am right now melting that material so that I can make soap and if there is enough wax, I will make some mini votives.
I would rather put the whole thing in soap.

There is a lot of work involved and it is a long wait for the wax, the propolis and the honey, well that melts fast. It will be amber colored when I am done with it because I want all the material to be as one ..low and slow....low and slow...
It is crazy beautiful, crazy fragrant with the scent of southern michigan flowers, golden rod, sedums and all the spectacular sunflowers everywhere right now. I know Barry has a lot of golden rod..I am so happy Barry is my friend.

I am calling the soap,

 Gritty City Golden Honey Soap

cistus
mandarin
frankincense oil
davana


Wild michigan honey (barry's honey)
Propolis
Beeswax
organic coconut oil
organic olive oil

It will take me about a week to make this really good. I do not want to rush it because I will make a lot and have a nice sale.

There will be patchouli soap!
There will be patchouli rose and sandalwood oils to anoint.
I think the mandarin is so pretty and really, there is no need to reject an idea about a body oil with mandarin..
Ah, I love Fall here!

No comments:

Post a Comment