Wednesday, August 9, 2017

what is the point of making soap if you can not grow and use your own botanicals now and again

I have been making garden soaps. Homegrown garden botanicals for our nutrition and pleasure.





More of them are on the way and as much as I would like to tincture a bunch of the herbs that I grow,  I do not because I would rather spend the money on jars for you and not just liquids sitting around..I do have many tinctures and extracts already from people who make them.
I made some mighty fine sage soap and super delicious cucumber soap and now black tomato soap?
I will think on it and you'll be the first to know.
Tomatoes are in. August is tomato month for sure. Today I will test the still and see what I can make of it..

Tomato Hydrosol??
Cucumber hydrosol??
Lemon balm hydrosol??
 Basil hydrosol??

Shopping List
2 ounces basil oil
4 ounces lemon organic

or
2 ounces basil
holy
2 ounces rosemary
2 ounces peppermint

or
2 ounces basil
2 ounces frankincense
2 ounces patchouli
1 ounce clove

What tickles your fancy in any of those scenarios?


Me, I am super okay..I hate my schedule at work and I hate the constant surveillance and monitoring and adjusting according to  higher ups all stressed out because if one mistake is made it means fail..no gray areas..Now listen this does not mean I am not happy. It means that I must look at reality and not some pretend happiness while things that make me unhappy are happening..get it?
yes..my job..
It is a way to mass produce and be more impersonal than ever..it is reality in retail and business. No one is your friend in leadership. they could have been your friend before they became leaders but the air changes in a split second and you know your place.
My place?
 It means nothing and if I had a choice which I do not, I would stack fruit somewhere. At least it is honest. There is some art to it for real not just slinging boxes and crap for masses who rarely say "thank you".
Once in a while they come and will tell me how I touched their lives and how they feel so good. I am happy to hear it and glad some thing good went through besides the scan and the scans and the other scans for returns and more scans, oops, you have sign in again and again,  to see the price and another scan to detect movement so the drones can get here faster..let them but do not forget that it does not matter in the least.
Even in writing this I sigh and accept that I should not care as much. It is real the easy thing to do and we are being trained to be little box checkers..ughhhh
Have you checked the proper box today?

What is art though? What is it that we crave to be so outside the box that something like checking a little box  has us all up in a tizzy?
Well, it feels like brainwashing because it is.
While we need to be clean and efficient, we might loose some spark of joy each time we check the box as if it will give us a big reward..it will. Money! We check the box.
lol


I used to say, "some money is not worth being made"..well..yes..which money?


I am now going to say, "money bring to me to us  good things, money loves you and then loves me and we are happy as can be, there are bees buzzing and birds singing..and winter is coming"
lol





No comments:

Post a Comment