Monday, August 20, 2018

reflections on stupidity

I work in the health field. I have for years now and well, I am considered the "culture" of a by gone era in health foods and good eating.
We always get the crazies and the ones who need labels, (vegan a biggie, paleo, non meat non binary pig knuckles but not pig knuckles really...)
ha ha

We get the sick ones too. The ones who can't sleep, the ones trying to get off the Halcion or Ambien or the rest of the soothing take you out pills that make your life just a little more bearable. They also make you constipated so that the fiber market is very rich.

The cancer..the ones who have cancer and you see them for years struggling to do their thing, it effects your day sometimes!
She has been coming for years. It started with a sore on her forehead and I was like why is she not doing something about that? No she likes to walk with her fancy church clothes passing around scarry booklets on how bad hell is unless you get God in  your life..yes sir..I say nothing of course and I know it  was cancer but now it is the worst face cancer I ever saw in real life. She can barely speak but she will not let them work on her. She is praying.
Also she has no money to speak of but a whole shit ton of fancy church outfits.
There are modern methods to take care of these things if you go early on..now with a baseball side swelling on her face they cannot remove it instead they can do radiation to shrink I..sigh
I told her to put lavender on it and treat her face like a burn.
her eyes lit up.
I told here that at Johns Hopkins they have new methods she might be willing to explore.
"no, I will trust in God." She was holding her face while she said it and I told her what to do with the lavender.
She said she had to pray on it.
Sure! I began using words like, great for burns, insect bites, sleep problems, anxiety, burns, bug repellent..
"oh, okay.."
I wonder if she will even use it. It really shook me up for hours.

I think if someone wants to die with a bunch of swollen whatever they are on their face, that is their choice. We have come out of the dark ages though. We have! Use the dang lavender lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment