Thursday, October 13, 2011

I am submerged in eternal light

we all are, really. Let our bodies be healthy and our minds be strong and may we always support one another without envy. There is plenty of success for everybody.
I hope that you flourish in what ever endeavor you might be involved in.

Crazy Annie's Viciously Delicious Minestrone Soup

you will need:

8 different kinds of beans like black, navy, peas, barley, lima, pinto, kidney and if you do use barley, be generous because it makes this dish.
Saute 2 onions (med dice), 8 cloves garlic (chopped fine) in olive oil
add
cayenne pepper
oregano
paprika
cumin
2 bay leaves
chopped parsley and chopped basil (fresh this time)
1 full jar pompadoro tomato puree
water to the top of the pot and bring all this to a boil
add cleaned legumes and grains
add salt to taste
reduce the heat to simmer and cook 2 to 3 hours
add your favorite macaroni and cook 10 more minutes...tasty and low in fat!

*eat with focaccia and juicy Kalamata olives on the side
My dough for the bread is rising as I write this. You can go to any good bakery and get some fine soup eatin' bread:)

Soups bring the family together and bring in good vibes.
It is not about anything other than good food, good family moments and if I may say,this "clan type gathering" is also about protection from harmful negative outside forces. Yes, look at the negative, but only give yourself a few minutes to analyze and please do not dwell on it. Remember any good thought is a thousand times more powerful than a negative one. I should always remember to say thanks and remember how lucky I am right now.
Not everything is about me anyhow.
Eat some soup and go kiss a child.
I am a child of The Universe! Kiss me..ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment