Thursday, November 29, 2012

new soap this week

I had to. I had bought this really amazing avocado oil at a posh little market down the street the other day. Golden green and very nicely cold pressed. Why wouldn't I want to  make a nice soothing soap for this time of year?
Every one is really dry and itchy, yes?
I know, and there many reasons. Dry forced air blowing through your house and work is one reason why you're dry. Another may be your skin care..

Just for now and maybe later, who knows, I really like keeping the soap base consistent but a tropical oils blend is nice on the skin.


I split the batch in two and created these gorgeous chunks of lovin'!!

here is the recipe:

12 ounces avocado oil
12 ounces macadamia nut oil
64 ounces cold pressed  extra virgin fruity olive oil
30 ounces organic extra virgin coconut oil
a dollop shea butter at the end
( you can go figure out your calculations with your water phase if you get so inclined to make some soap)


One is patchouli (aged) and petitgrain...love love love

Below that you have an all time classic sleep potion "Silence" with lavender ylang ylang extra and wild chamomile and just a dusting of sandalwood powder.




I hope you get to enjoy one or two and remember how wonderful life can be for you and me, honey:):)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment