Friday, November 2, 2012

The old ways

My old ways, I should say.
A long time ago, I used to make this mastic soap and I made a mastic balm to go with it..
Today mastic gum is hard to come by and a handful  can cost about 50 bucks!
Let's just say that I have a handful.
Let's say I make us a new balm today.

I am laying it down first. My plan, that is!
I have myrrh, frankincense
rose and a few other resins, like larch, cedar and birch resin of some sort..plus the mastic gum..yumm and wierd!

Mastiha is cultivated mainly on an island called Xios pronounced, "hi-os".





Mastic has a plethora of qualities and uses. It absorbs cholesterol, is an antibacterial and acts as an oral antiseptic, aids digestion, tightens the gums, heals wounds and scientists recently discovered that when it is administrated in small doses it cures stomach ulcers. 

I just want to smell it a little. I think it goes well with red mandarin too which I just happen to have a rich supply of..

Let's see what I can conjure up for you and me today..

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment