Monday, August 24, 2015

joan of ark

Question: Do you swear to speak the truth in answer to such questions as are put to you?


Joan: I do not know what you wish to examine me on. Perhaps you might ask such things that I would not tell.


Question: Will you swear to speak the truth upon those things which are asked you concerning the faith, which you know?


Joan: Concerning my father and my mother, and what I have done since I took the road to France, I will gladly swear to tell the truth. But concerning my revelations from God, these I have never told or revealed to anyone, save only to Charles, my King. And I will not reveal them to save my head.

They burned her  for wearing men's clothing..that was their reason!

Question: Do you know whether or not you are in God's grace?


Joan: If I am not, may God put me there; and if I am, may God so keep me. I should be the saddest creature in the world if I knew I were not in His grace."



The question was a deliberate attempt to entrap her, since the Church's doctrine held that no one could be certain of being in God's grace; and yet answering 'no' could also be used against her because the judge could claim she had admitted to being in a state of sin

(ha ha ha..right..wow, and they were God's servants?)


No comments:

Post a Comment