Friday, March 1, 2013

a tasty salad

Spinach Salad with Beets

I had been feeling very weak lately. I barely made through yoga and both my thumbs hurt really badly.
Especially the left one..
(Louise Hay says that is fear of authority, being too authoritative, or worry, being under someone's thumb)
**** "my mind is at peace, I am secure"
While it is true I am always battling fear and I also worry, as if I am a warrior of the inner mind:) but, let's face it,  I have work to be done and can't take too many long breaks! ha! Yesterday, I slept on and off all day. I dragged myself home from yoga which almost felt great and tried to eat something and slept some more.
I felt that I needed some iron to strengthen my blood..
I could have taken iron pills but they make my stomach hurt, I don't know about you, but too many pills is too many pills for me..


Spinach Blood Builder

You will want to gather:

clean spinach, organic if possible and one big bag..the whole thing baby!
one sweet onion, sliced thin
three nice tomatoes, large dice
one nice cucumber thinly sliced
a dash of salt on the cukes
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
salt to taste, I used about 1/2 teaspoon on the whole thing
a good dose of black pepper
massage thoroughly until the spinach is reduced by about 1/3 of its size
taste for tang and saltiness
now put that aside

in a another bowl:
one can of organic beets, sliced, drained
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon pink salt if you have it
1/3 cup nice clean water
(allow this to sit )

now take a nice big bowl and put yourself a nice portion of salad
on top put about 4 beets and some of the vinegary juice
 ( I also drank some of this because I know apple cider vinegar is good for my achy joints)
eat it alone or with a nice meal..
I ate it with some baguette..I need a little starch when I eat greens:)

You can eat this for three days and it just marinates itself..in this house however, it was gone by midnight. Everyone gobbled it up and today they said thank you for a wonderful meal..awe! I did also serve them some amazing mashed organic Yukon gold potatoes and a wonderful gravy with that..mmmm

xoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment